Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Stating the bleedin' obvious

And only because I know you're all frying back home in Oz...

Today's weather is expected to reach a high of 3 degrees C and a low of -9. And they reckon we're in a heat wave.

It's fricking freezing here. Literally. The pond is iced over and I saw people walking on it the other day. The water feature at Xiao Wong Fu (our fave family restaurant) has a rather groovy ice formation going on and I had to rug the hell up, just to pop over to my friend's place in the next building.

Oh. My. Lordy.

So today, I'm off to get a cashmere coat made and one of those furry Russian hats. Yeah, I'll make sure there's photos of the whole ensemble.

But in the meantime, here's a pic of Persmonster (the same one I put in my LJ), heading off to the quack dealer.




Which reminds me, I really need to find a pair of mittens for her little hands...

So we're back in Beijing and Timeling's due in April. There's a few things I'd like to do before he or she arrives and I think I will acutally book in for them.

- Prenatal Yoga classes here (seeing as aqua aerobics is kind of out of the question right now)
- Cooking classes here
- Photography course
- Trip to Harbin for the Harbin Ice Festival

That should keep me busy or am I being a little ambitious, do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment