Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Snow can wait, I forgot my mittens...

So excited, we got snow today (those who read my LJ will already know this). It's expected that we will have snow for the next couple of days! Woot! I love it, the snow is beginning to settle now, the place has that eerie quietness about it and the snowflakes are way cool (so to speak...)

So here's some pics...


I couldn't resist...


If you look closely enough, you can kind of see how beautifully formed the snowflakes are. I haven't worked the macro out on my new camera, unfortunately, but there is one star-shaped flake in the middle and to the rightish that's cute...


This is lookibg down from our balcony, onto the play area park downstairs. See? It's snowing!

I never thought in my life that I would see snow in Beijing. So yeah, I'm pretty chuffed actually. I'm off on an excursion to a Hutong village tomorrow, about 90kms away. Hopefully it will still be snowing, which could be loads of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment